Department of Pathology, DrShankarraoChavan Government Medical College,Vishnupuri,Nanded was established in 1988 with envisions that leading the devlopments in the fields of academic pathology &clinical pathology. Since then it is actively enagaged in study of diseases,to ensure patient safety and well being.It is commited to dissemination of knowledge besides training of undergraduate and post graduate students to achieve excellence in patient care.
Besides academic training department also provide opportunities of capacity development for staff to enhance their skills and lead the research by example and build and promote platforms for dissemination of knowledge and skills.
Department also provides foster research in curriculum devlopement , basic research into various aspects of disease understandings and management and initiate and promote interdisciplinary and translational research.
• Department of pathology is actively involved in patient care,diagnostic services and academic training of undergraduate and post graduate students so as to give comprehensive diagnostic and curative health care approach.It also aims at imparting quality medical education and practical approach towards diagnostic pathology and laboratory medicine.
• The Department emphasizes training of undergraduate and post graduate students to enhance the understanding of disease causation, application of knowledge to provide highest quality patient care and to lead further developments in chosen field of interest.
• Department also provides generation of resources material and providing facilities for training faculty and students in areas of diagnosis, research and patient care and for spreading awareness in community for prevention of diseases.
With the initiatives of faculty members of the department body donation awareness program is being conducted. Banners, posters, lectures and exhibitions concerning the various aspects of body donation are arranged in special community groups in nearby villages and in nearby cities and also on Akashvani.
1.Second MBBS students 150/Year.Department conducts lectures and prcaticals programs as per MUHS,Nashikguidelines.Departmentsalso conducts internal and university exams and prepares internal assessment .Knowledge of students also boosted by regular seminars,CMEs,Case discussions etc.
2.Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (BPMT) -Department conducts lectures and prcatical programs as per MUHS,Nashik guidelines.
1. M.D Pathology: 04 students/year.
Post graduate teaching and training program consist of working in various laboratories such as clinical pathology and hematology ,clinical biochemistry ,blood bank ,surgical pathology by rotation.In addition post graduate students have the assignments of investigations.They participate in regular weekly teaching sessions of Post graduate activities, slide seminars and death audits and also monthly journal reviews, case presentations, open forum discussions etc. Also didactic lectures for M.D students are conducted in collaboration with other collegues.
2. Diploma in Medical Lab Technology- The course consist of 18 months, first 1 year consist of lectures, practicals and regular practical training in verrious laboratories.Last 6 months is all practical training in laboratories.( As Per MUHS,Nashik guidelines.)
• OPD 117(CENTRAL CLINICAL LABORATORY)
• Haematology Laboratory.
• Cytology Laboratory.
• Emergency Medical Services Laboratory(24 hour service)
• General Surgical Pathology
• Systemic Surgical Pathology.
• Fine needle aspiration cytology,guidedaspirations,exfoliative cytology etc
Total Number of Annual Investigations done in Pathology Department In Last 3 Years.
|YEAR||CENTRAL CLINICAL LABORATORY||HAEMATOLOGY||CYTOLOGY||HISTOPATHOLOGY|
The Pathology department has FDA approved blood bank with component separation facility along with separate area for aphersis for future approval.Blood bank practices safe blood collection through voluntary blood donation camps and provides safe blood to patients in need.There are also nearabout 250 patients of thalassemia and sickle cell anaemiaregistered with our blood bank ,these patients need regular blood transfusion for survival.Blood Bank also provides blood to patients with RTA,ANC etc.The blood collection is 100% voluntary and there is 100% component separation policy adopted.
LAST 3 YEARS BLOOD BANK DATA
The members of the faculty carry out research projects independently and also in collaboration with other clinical departments.
1. Organizations of CME,Workshopsetc by department regularly.
2. Publications in national and international journals from department:10 to 15 per year.
3. Department also conducts Death audit meetings regularly.
4. MAPCON 2019 First prize in poster presentation held at Akola.
5. 2ndRuners up in State level haemato-oncology quiz held at IGGMC,Nagpur.
Size : 21 Sq. meter
• Capacity: 8-12 staff members can use the Library at a time.
• Number of books in Pathology and allied subjects. : 150Books.
Size : 70 Sq. meter
Arrangement : Body system wise arrangement in Steel rack
Mounted : 534
Unmounted : 100
No. of microscope available to the students in the museum. : 05
List of charts, photographs, models andother exhibits other than the Models are displayed in a rack. specimens and their arrangements. : 60 - Charts & 06 Models.
No. of catalogues of the specimens available to the students.with Gross and Microscopic descriptions are available. : Catalogues of all the Specimens
seating arrangement for students
• Type : Level type • Number : 40
Ante-room : Yes
|1.||Dr.M.A Sameer||Professor and Head||09970069969
|2.||Dr. S.A. Deshpande||Associate Professor||9823526606
|3.||Dr S.V Suvernkar||Associate Professor||9860720236
|4.||Dr V G Mudholkar||Associate Professor||9421838955
|5.||Dr Y.H Chavan||Associate Professor(Blood Bank)||9970054434
|6.||Dr P.S Mulay||Assistant Professor||9423441596, 9421291114
|7.||Dr P.N Kadam||Assistant Professor||9890172702
|8.||Dr M. G Panchal||Assistant Professor||9404800744
|10.||Dr Deepak Sadhu||Assistant Professor||09860127959
|13.||DrSanjivani More||Assistant Professor||9890684326
|14.||Dr Rama S.||BTO||7010062624
|1.||Dr Priyanka Chandak||JR 3||9834962451
|5.||Dr Vishal Rajput||JR 3||7720827707
|8.||Dr Natasha Patel||JR 2||7798626110
|9.||Dr Helen Paul||JR 1||8921779918
|1.||Saraf A P||SrCleark||7057263317
|2.||Mrs.Anuradha Muley||Lower grade stenographer||9850846083
|3.||BhagwanWanje||Lower grade stenographer||9860159665
|7.||Mrs. Chitra Chimne||Lab.Technician||953276336|
|10.||Shaikh Iftekar||Assistant Technician||7774816428|
|11.||Mutkule Digamber||Lab Technician||8806319610|
|12.||Pichkewar Sanjay||Lab Technician||9421551653
|13.||Suhas Patil||Assistant Technician||9158328832|
|14.||Waghmare Ravindra||Lab Technician||7709141983|
|15.||Shri .Shetwad Shankarrao||Lab Technician||7350936337|
|16.||Shekapurkar Balaji||Lab Technician||9579363011|
|17.||Vijay Deshmukh||Lab Technician||9424940299|
|18.||Kavthekar Chandrakant||Assistant Technician||7083419344|
|19.||V.D Bhong||Lab Technician||7020824708|
|20.||Nagergoje Suryakant||Lab Technician||9860599036|
|21.||Nagergoje Vijay||Lab Technician||9823546627|
|22.||Rahi Desai||Lab Technician||9970118679|
|23.||Ramrao Jadhav||Lab Technician||9823211177|
|24.||K G Shaikh||Blood Bank Technician||8830579167|
|25.||Rajeshwar Meghraj||Assistant Technician||9850055838|
|26.||J.G Patel||Lab Technician||8975438140|
|27.||Shaikh Javed||Lab Technician||9823178600|
|28.||H S Pimple||Lab Technician||9561726503|
|29.||Uma Garad||Blood Bank Technician||9561537482|
|30.||Ramesh Rathod||Social service supritendent||8421802725|
|31.||Awchar Sharad||Social service supritendent||9561958458|
|32.||Kejkar Govind||Lab Attendent||-|
|35.||Jadhav Shesherao||Lab Attendent||8007142533|
|37.||D M Chandekar||-||Lab Attendent||-|