Department of Pulmonary Medicine was established at Dr.ShankarraoChavan Government Medical College,Nanded in 1994. Initially Department was doing undergraduate teaching and hospital services to patients of respiratory diseases. Later on Postgruadute courses in Pulmonary Medicine were started In 1998,One MD Student per year. The deparment hospital services were also upgraded with well equipped intensive respiratory care unit ( 5 Bedded), having Invasive & non invasive ventilators,total 30 bedded indoor male & female wards & OPD services with advanced Pulmonary Function Test Laboratory,PolysomnographyLab,Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy. Uptill now 23 Students have completed and 06 Students are doing their Postgraduate Courses in this department.
- To train undergraduate students in Pulmonary Medince through clinical Posting and tutorials
- To develop clinical skills in Postgraduate Students in department by active case presentation &Seminars
- To develop research skills in postgraduates and faculty members of the department.
- To Train and develop skills of interventional procedures of respiratory medicine in Post graduates.
- To develop well equipped Polysomnography Laboratory in Department to Study sleep related disorders.
- To organize workshops/symposia/CMEs on sleep related disorders to increase its awareness in Medical Professionals first and then in comman public.
- To develop Environment Pollution Control centre at this institute where the status of pollution in city and measures to control it will be studied.
- To develop the well equipped Interventional Pulmonary unit with the help of Bronchoscopy Laboratory and Navigational Virtual Bronchoscope.
- To give OPD & IPD services and to record unusual presentations case reports in daily clinical work and to share it with PG/UG students also to report it in reputed journals.
- To help PG Students to complete their dissertation research work.
- To upgrade the department with advances in Pulmonology time to time.
- Department is headed by Professor.
- One Associate Professor & Two Assistant Professor are there as teaching Faculty.
- One Senior Resident and Six Junior Resident looks after Clinical duties inOPD,wards& ICU.
|1.||Vacant||-||Professor and Head||-|
|3.||DR.S.G. Giri||Assistant Professor||7588585114
|6.||DR. SANGRAM PAWAR||JUNIOR RESIDENT III||8788966795
|7.||DR. RAVISHANKAR CHAURE||JUNIOR RESIDENT III||8275008755
|8.||DR. JISHA PANICKER||JUNIOR RESIDENT II||9488670262
|9.||DR.SURYAKANT MESHRAM||JUNIOR RESIDENT II||8087707576
|10.||DR.JYOSTNA GEORGE||JUNIOR RESIDENT II||9400682045
|11.||DR.YOGESH AMBILKAR||JUNIOR RESIDENT I||8600288971
The departmental library has various 100 textbooks and reference books.
The departmental museum has banners, posters, catalogues are available for undergraduate & post graduate teaching, training.
- Uptill now 29 Research Publications and 14 Research Papers/Posters presented at different National/State/Regional Conferences by faculty members & PG student
- Bagged first prizes for Research paper in MARPHYCON 2007 for presenting research poster in ICAAICON 2011,Runner up in Pulmonar 2017 Aurangabad & for presenting a poster in NAPCON 2018.